i really have no idea what this has to do with survival skills
Actually she has identifying which plants and berries are poisonous. She was quizzing herself. It’s foreshadowing because she later dies from eating poisonous berries; in the book, it’s seen as a foolish mistake, but because of this scene, it has implications of suicide.
Well the Hunger Games just became even more devastating than it already was.
I always did wonder why the ‘smartest’ one died from something she should have known about… This makes a lot more sense now.
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok